ROCKFISH, PAN-SEARED with TOMATO, OLIVE AND ANCHOVY SAUCE
4 each rockfish filets
- 1 cup AP flour
- As needed EVOO
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, paste
- 2 strips, anchovy, paste
- 1 cup Manzanilla olives with piquillo peppers, sliced
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, canned with juice, diced
- ¼ cup dehydrated tomatoes, crumbled
- 3 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chives, minced
- 3 Tablespoon EVOO
Dust rockfish in flour and shake off excess; reserve on parchment lined sheet pan; meanwhile heat a large sauté pan; add enough EVOO to lightly coat the bottom; add rockfish and cook until lightly brown; turn and repeat; remove and reserve warm.
Heat EVOO in a medium sauce pan; add shallots and garlic; heat until aromatic; add anchovy and cook to dissolve; add olives and tomatoes; bring to a simmer and reduce by half; finish with parsley and chives.